Wednesday, July 28, 2010

You know, I can imagine it.

A couple of people loudly sniffing in assembly, wiping tears from their eyes even though they didn't care.
The real people affected silently stony, or not there at all.
"We want to let them know we are here for them, and we will support them. If you wish to contact them, notify the school chaplain and they will get you in touch."
"Any of you that are strongly affected by this, who need to talk, I want to remind you that the school chaplain and myself are always available for appointments. We understand this must be a stressful time for some of you, made all the worse with the pressure put upon you by the school."
People switching hands when one gets too tired to lean on. Whispering "How long until this ends?" Uncomfortably coughing.

My brother walking through school for the first time with stares collected on the back of his neck.

I wonder if it would change him. I wonder if it would change anyone.

Months down the track.
"This play is dedicated to a three year student of the academy. It touches an issue close to our hearts. She passed away on..."

It doesn't matter anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment