Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Day 1- Your Best Friend / Number 01- A picture of yourself

I don't quite know what defines a friend, let alone a best friend.

You know what? I don't have a best friend. I have some extremely close friends, but the majority of the people I consider at the top of the list I have never seen cry. And that seems like a requirement of this best friendship people consider so important.

Does the idea of a best friend differ between people? Is a best friend defined by parametres of being there, being someone to talk to, or just being the friend that is better than the rest?
I haven't yet found someone that understands me. No-one I feel completely comfortable with when talking to. I'm always out to impress, or to understand them rather than put myself in the position of being understood.
And there are people who'll comfort me if I fail an exam, there are people who'll smile sympathetically at me as I cry. And them I appreciate.
But a best friend is something I'm lacking.
Though it's not something I'm going to try intentionally to get. That's not a best friend.

Oh, before I forget. Number 01- A picture of yourself.

There we are. Lovely, pretentious, and highly edited. My eye. The window to my soul. How incredibly deep must this person be? To have someone see into her soul every time they look at this blog post.
I'm so self deprecating. But I think it's a good thing.
It's a picture of me, sure enough.




















But that's cheating.

There we go. See, I can have a dark side... if you want me to. (Tim Minchin is damn awesome)
Or at least it looks that way from a distance.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment