Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Day 2 — Your crush.

You're not just a crush, you're a relationship. And you're the most serious I've had so far.
So many memories, so many competitions...
What was it, seventeen times on our first proper date?
The first words I spoke to you. Utter nonsense to you, but you can't remember them now, so I don't suppose it matters. "Are you an Eddie Izzard quoter?"
You throwing... Brodie(?) over your shoulder. Showing off.
Feeling stupid as I was told in the dorms one night that you weren't a leader. I'm terrible with ages. I pretended to find out the next morning. I acted surprised.
First time we actually clicked. Running up and down the sand dunes a million and one times. Me faceplanting 99 percent of the trips down. Just sitting there in the middle of them, not bothering to move any further up, as we were both out of breath. Then we started talking.
I can't even remember what we spoke about. It was just cool, really chill.
Those few awkward phone conversations at first. Especially after the first time we saw each other after camp.
You running up a $300 bill on your home phone, calling my mobile, when I'd told you to call my home phone.
I can talk with you about almost anything, and I share the most with you out of everyone I know at the moment.
You are the only person in my life that makes me feel secure. I know you, and you know me. You don't know me as well as you'd like, but you do know me, I'll give you that much.
You're fantastically, amusingly, amazingly predictable. That's not a bad thing. It's kind of beautiful, because it is simplicity.
But you're definitely not simple. You have that liquid element, which is kind of scary. But some parts of you are solid. Your desire to just help people. You don't seem to care at all what happens to you. Which isn't really a good thing, because you're pretty special. But the way you can expend so much for others... It's something I really admire.
Maybe we don't quite agree on everything, and our interests do differ. But what we've got for the moment makes me happy, and it's enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment