Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Another dear.

It's perfectly fine to be down, it's perfectly fine.
I know that much.
I'm not down.
Just when you make a comment like that... that's where my obsession with obligations stems from.
Do you hate it? Really? Would you rather be somewhere else? Are you stuck here? 'Cause you know, you're free to leave whenever. If you've got these queues of people, I don't care.
Is it an obligation?
Because that's what it's starting to sound like.
You say you're sorry, but when you can't figure out what you even said wrong...
I don't know. I just don't fucking know.
I'm sitting at the keyboard crying my eyes out and shaking like a leaf.
You get worried at the slightest downturn of my voice, or when anything at all sounds forced. The first few times I let my voice show anything, I forced it happy, I forced it high, and I sounded convincing even to me.
I don't blame you.
I'm getting far too good at lying for my own comfort.

I'm overreacting.
But really, shouldn't that be top of the list of things not to say?

No comments:

Post a Comment